Okay...so there have been a few things I wanted to post about during the week, but I just can't find the time. Anywho, here are some radoms.
Thursday I made a trip to Wal-Mart. At the check-out they have these black bags for sale. They are to be used as an alternative to paper or plastic bags. Now, don't get me wrong....I am far from a 'tree hugger', but I do like to do my part to help our environment. We recycle at home, in my classroom, and I have started turning off the water while brushing my teeth. That sums up the extent of my 'green' actions. SO, I see this bag and thing well that might be cool to just take this nifty tote (which is made from recycled soda bottles) to the store and use it instead of the plastic bags. I see it while waiting in line and intend to get it prior to her ringing up my goods, but I forgot and she had already bagged my stuff. At the last minute I laid the bag up there and paid my total. I had planned just to carry my new recycled black tote out by itself. Instead, the nice cashier shoves it into it's own new plastic bag. Total irony (I think, I am always so confused on irony). It was hilarious! I couldn't believe it. I am sure she didn't even think of it and just bagged the item out of habit.
Okay, now that I wrote all that, my next thought jumped out of my head! Oh I remember now. Today is Saturday and Joey had to work all day. Mollie and I just hung out at the house. I had Big Big plans to clean my house and finish all laundry. Well, I quickly discovered that once you have an official toddler in your home, it takes approximately 9 time longer to clean your house than with out the toddler. OH MY WORD! It is a constant eye to make sure she isn't putting herself in imminent danger and then she is making another mess as soon as I pick one up.
Okay now one of her toys is talking! She and Joey are sleeping and this toy is talking by itself. I have broken out in a cold sweat and am a pinch scared to go and turn it off. HELLO Melodie, you are 33 and it is just a toy. This isn't some scary movie where the toy will eat you. See this is what I get for not going to be early. I am just a night owl, I can't help it.
Slow Cooker Spicy Beef and Bell Peppers
10 years ago

2 comments:
That's hilarious, Melodie...perfect irony. We saw the bags the other night, too, But we thought we'd be too cool for WalMart and get some somewhere else. 'Cause, you know, we don't shop there or anything :)
We're real excited for Max to walk. Since he gets into everything so well crawling, it'll be great when he can get around that much faster!
love it! i have had the whole bag purchase thoughts and i don't get it really, it's just one bag right? i bring home like 20 bags full of stuff. do i need to haul in 20 of my own bags each week? or are they just for produce? i like to think i am a budding tree hugger (although i think you may have already passed me on your enviromental efforts :)
i want keep from being wasteful but that seems to take away a huge amount of convience taking in all those bags. glad you are blogging! you should post mollie and the pickle!
Post a Comment