Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tagged Post

Okay, I was tagged to do the following post. I was actually tagged about a month ago, but I have put off doing it. I would think about it and then over think it. It is only a post read by about 2 or 3 folks.

20 years ago November 1988
I am a freshman in high school. My big brother is a senior and has to drive me and 2 of my freshman friend to and from school. He hates it and tries numerous ways to get out of it. I am a staff writer for our school Newspaper "The Orange and Brown". A fellow freshman named Jason is the subject of my latest crush. I daydream of he and I going on a date as I listen to the melodic tones of Phil Collins in his hit song A Groovy Kind of Love. After school my friends and I go putt-putt golfing, rent videos , and listening to The Beastie Boys. My baby brother is 5 and has just started K. He is just so darn cute! Not sure exactly when Mike came to Darby Drive. I think it was around this time and we began MOST and MOP. We had so much fun! Life is good and all is well.

10 years ago November 1998
I am now 24 years old. I have been out of college for about a year and a half. I have been feverishly working to pay off ALL the debt accumulated in college....those darn credit card companies would get me roped in with the promise of a free t-shirt or water bottle every time. Currently I am working just one job at Towles House of Carpets. I am a sales associate/design consultant/office assistant. I really enjoyed this job and was so glad to just be working one job. I had just finished about a six month stint of work 3 jobs- Heavenly Ham, Franks Italian Restaurant, and Columbia Cottage Assisted Living. Joey and I have been dating 3 years and all is well.

5 years ago November 2003
Now 29 years old. We have been married for a year and a half. We live in our little 'shotgun' apartment at Gilbert Court. One bed and bath. I have been out of college ( went back and got a 2nd undergrad degree) about 6 months. I have just been hired this month as a Title I assistant at Harlan Elementary. I love this job. I have wonderful co-workers and get to help the kids who need it the most.

1 year ago November 2007
Mollie Bear is 9 months old! She is crawling all over the place and has just learned to soothe herself to sleep at night. I had to do the cry it out deal for a few nights, but she got it very quickly. Thank goodness. This is when she begins to sleep 12 hours straight at night. Joey and I have been married 5 and a half years; more in love than ever. (gross I know...but true). We have been in our house for 3 years and feel so at home. However, there isn't a lack of improvements and repairs that need to be made. This is just one of the joys of homeownership. We are just thankful to be homeowners. I completed my masters in elementary education 2 years ago. I am beginning my 3rd year as a K teacher at Weeden elementary and love, love, love my co-workers and kids. I know I said the same thing in the previous post, but I have been so blessed with great situations. When I was hired in at Weeden as a K teacher, so were 3 other first time teachers. Four new K teachers at one time and 2 great K veteran teachers who took us all under their wing. We all quickly bond and create our K family. I truly feel blessed to be at Weeden.

Yesterday November 27th 2008
Today is the first Thanksgiving of my entire 34 years on this earth that I haven't been with my Honey (grandmother). She passed away August of this year. We miss her terribly. However, I am blessed to be surrounded by all my family. We ate lunch at my mom's, came home for a nap, and ate dinner at Joey's mom's. Perfect day!

Today November 28th 2008
Enjoying the last work week day off! I have gotten so much accomplished. Joey and I got down all the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Joey has assembled the tree and I have put out all the decorations. I finished planting my pansies (fingers crossed for their survival). Mollie and I run a few errands. Life is good!

Tomorrow November 29th 2008
Will attend a morning meeting at Weight Watchers. My mom are attending together and have been on it for about six weeks. 7lbs gone so far. At 2p.m. my best girlfriend and I are going to see Four Christmases. We go each year to see the latest holiday film. We are going specifically at 2pm to miss the Iron Bowl. I know that Bama will win and I simply can't sit through an entire game. Also, I want to miss all of Joey's armchair coaching etc.

So there you go.

I tag Kayla and Caroline.

1 comment:

Gena said...

i so enjoy reading your posts! thanks for your help at the toy give a way. you are always so much fun- you should get some mittens and you should post your favorites this season too.