1. God is in the little things and I think that is where we overlook him so often.
- When Mollie was a few days shy of an year old, we ran out of formula. Being the 'green' parents we are, we didn't want to begin whole milk until her official 12 month doctor's visit. I hated the thought of buying a $15 can of formula to use for just a few days. I tried to think of anyone we could give it to after the switch to whole milk. I knew no one who was taking the exact same kind as Mollie. ANYWHO, here I go to CVS. I find the can of formula and with my $2 coupon in hand, I go to the register. WELL, the cashier had been called to another customer. As I wait, the automatic doors open. No one is there. No biggie, they do that from time to time, I guess. When the doors opened a breeze flew in and rustled the plastic table cloth on the clearance display behind me. I turned to see what made the sound. On the table, marked down to $5 was a can of the same exact formula I needed for Mollie. It was reduced because it would expire in a month. I was thrilled and couldn't wait to call friends and family to tell them how God had helped me save a few bucks. This may seem small to you, but keep in mind God is in the little stuff, too.
- The last week of school is not only busy with paper work and tying up loose ends, but it includes doing a brief yet Desperately needed cleaning out of things in my classroom. This year one of the big items I tossed out was my 'carpet'. It really wasn't my carpet, but 16 large puzzle piece squares that my students sat on during story time and such. Well, the squares had been great. First off, they were free. My sister-in-law, Carla, had given me several of them that my niece no longer needed. My mother-in-law bought me a set to use with the one's Carla gave me. These squares had served their purpose very well for 3 years. At the end of this year, they looked ragged and dirty. I had taken them home in the past. I had scoured them with bleach and other cleansers. This barely made a dent in the dirt that had been embedded in them from 32 little feet over 180 days of school for 3 years. Not only were they dirty, but some students had felt compelled to punch the mats with pencils and carve designs in the mats with scissors. Just little artist expressing themselves. With the kind urging of my mother, the mats were placed in the trash. My plan was to find a simple, solid colored remnant at a local carpet store and have it bound. There is no way I could afford one of those cute primary colored rugs with letters, number, and such on them. Those run around $300. WELL, our systems Even Start program was forced to close. All of their materials, furniture, etc. was headed to storage, unless any K teachers wanted it. A couple of co-workers and I went to Even Start to look. What to my wondering eyes did I find.....a primary colored rug, with letters and numbers. It looks brand new!!! I kid you not! It was the very day after I had tossed my mats. I was so thankful and said aloud "HE provides, God provides!" I am so proud of my rug.
- I have been sick since Sunday. On Tuesday, these blisters start coming up on my hands and feet. So Thursday I call to get an appt. to see my doc. I about fell out when they said he could see me the next day. SO today I head to the doctor. On my way out the door, I remember that I need to get my thyroid meds refilled. I grab the bottle and plan to drop it off at CVS on my way to the doc. For some reason I check to see how many refills I have left. It says "No Refills Remain, Authorization Required". So when I go to the doc, not only am I diagnosed with HFMD, I also obtain a new script for my thyroid med. Another blessing here is the that I was diagnosed with the highly contagious disease before I had family over for dinner tonight. I would have felt horrid if I had made all of them sick. I hated to call off our plans, but glad to not make anyone sick.
Thanks for you time and interest. Have a blessed day! And remember to look for God in the small stuff.

3 comments:
i think the small stuff is what helps us see the big stuff so really very huge!
God is good! Thanks for all you did during VBS. I was sad to hear you were sick. so glad you are better.
you must talk to cortnie about CHEAP cute classroom rugs - that's the business she's in...
but very good post - if more of us remembered all the ways God is Good and TOLD others, we would be in constant awe of how much He loves us.
great post, thanks...hope you feel better!
What a great post!
Post a Comment